The OTWS Junior Progress Awards are six skill-based awards for young players to help with their development whilst providing you, the coach or teacher with a package that can add value to your junior squash activity by providing additional activity for you to deliver.
The OTWS Progress Awards have been developed by our coaching and development team to provide a logical step by step package that will help your young players learn, practice and be consistent in a range of on court activities. We believe these awards should be a regular part of a successful junior section and offer excellent links from school-based activity into squash club activity. Levels 1 and 2 can be delivered in both schools and squash clubs, providing a seamless link for those offering school-club link activity.
Once your students have undertaken an award there are certificates and silicone wristbands for successful students. These can be obtained from OTWS for a small fee.
This coach/teachers pack provides all the information you need to deliver the OTWS Progress Awards, with clear and easy to follow skills and guidance notes.
In June 2015, England Squash – our National Governing Body, recognised the benefit these awards could provide to young players nationally and joined forces with OTWS to endorse them. Director of Participation at England Squash, Mark Williams, explained that, “Off The Wall Squash have used their extensive expertise in the sport to create a really attractive programme that will be extremely beneficial for coaches and clubs around the country most importantly, I think young players will really enjoy working their way through the awards, either for their own satisfaction or to challenge their friends. ES are delighted to be working with Off The Wall Squash and look forward to helping to raise awareness of this excellent new programme.”
The Professional Squash Association Foundation (PSA Foundation) have just recently agreed a new partnership with us that will see the our two organisations working in unison towards promoting and growing junior squash around the world. PSA Foundation Manager Adriana Olaya said: “The Junior Progress Awards are a fantastic tool for coaches and junior players. It’s a great way to introduce the game to young players and allow them to measure their level with players who are using the same program all over the world. We want this tool to reach every country so players all around the world can reap the benefits of it. We fully support the project and can only see positive things emerging from it.”
The full set of information is available to download, all you have to do is fill out the contact form below and we will be happy to send you over the password to download the resource pack directly from our website. You can also use this contact form for general enquiries about the Junior Progress Awards and also to request an order form for the certificates and wristbands.
As a community interest company our aim is to provide an increase in participation and develop physical activity, predominantly through squash and therefore we have decided to provide this information to you for free!
Should you have any questions, please contact us on 01206 736924 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy the Progress Awards!
The Off The Wall Squash Team
PLEASE ENTER YOUR DETAILS BELOW TO BE SENT A PASSWORD TO DOWNLOAD THE FREE RESOURCE PACK FOR YOUR SCHOOL OR CLUB TO IMPLEMENT;
*NOTE* Your information will be used for the purposes of contacting you in relation to the Junior Progress Awards only, unless you have expressed in the contact form that you would like to receive information on other OTWS initiatives we are operating. We will never pass your details on to any third party.
What the pack entails;
- OTWS Junior Progress Awards – Intro Letter – What’s it all about?
- OTWS Junior Progress Awards – Poster – For clubs and schools to promote the awards and add session details to the post-it note for advertising.
- OTWS Junior Progress Awards – Main Doc – Main document with the 6 levels for coach/teacher delivery.
- OTWS Junior Progress Awards – Test Sheet – For on court player testing.
- OTWS Junior Progress Awards – Progress Chart – To track player progress.
- OTWS Junior Progress Awards – Certificate & Wristbands Presentation – Showing Teachers/Coaches/Parents what they can present to successful players.
- OTWS Junior Progress Awards – Coaches Pack Presentation – Presentation giving an option for coaches to purchase hardcopies of the resource pack. This pack also includes combined delivery and testing pads which is not included in the downloadable resources.
- OTWS Junior Progress Awards – Parent Handout – For coaches to issue to parents with information on what the JPAs are all about.
- OTWS Junior Progress Awards – Completed Level Tear Off Sheets – Tear off slips for coaches to give to parents after successful completion of a level.
- Order Forms – Order forms for the Certificates/Wristbands and Coaches Pack.