One Day, Weekend and Weekly Training Camps for Adults and Juniors
Off The Wall Squash provide training camps for a wide range of player, from beginners to elite level and from juniors though to adults, we hope to cater for all squash enthusiasts.
During these camps we draw upon the experience of our diverse coaching staff to offer the highest quality of expertise to suit the camp and player requirements.
The work undertaken with young players follows the established and respected Long Term Athlete Development structure (LTAD). LTAD recommends coaches to consider the age and personal development of the young person when providing appropriate training programmes for each player.
Some of our camps have started to provide an introduction to sports science, nutrition and strength and conditioning. Off The Wall Squash want to provide our members and camp attendees the opportunity to gain a ‘whole body’ perspective towards their training. We feel that by incorporating this angle of sports science into our sessions, as used by elite athletes, we can begin to broaden and develop our players’ knowledge and experience.
Where possible, we will also invite guest coaches and trainers along to further enhance your experience. Recent appearances have come from PSA Professional players and coaches Daryl Selby & Ben Coleman, fitness coach Jackie Gregory & Personal Trainer Phil Green.
If you have an idea of a camp you would like us to run either at our own academy or a club local to you, please get in touch, we’re always keen to hear your ideas and feedback.
Recent Camps have included;
- A bespoke one week training camp for a Trinidadian junior player at the Colchester Garrison Academy.
- Numerous non-residential weekend and one day adult camps at the Colchester Garrison Academy.
- Regular half term and school holiday half-day junior camps at the Colchester Garrison Academy.
- A summer holiday training camp programme in conjunction with the Ipswich Squash Academy at Ipswich Sports Club.
- One day feature workshops such as the Ladies Day sessions at the Colchester Garrison which was supported by Active Essex.