The expertise within the OTWS team provides a diverse skill set that can be utilised to provide the best solutions with the highest quality to meet your squash business needs.
Our skills and experience include:
- Establishing and delivering national participation programmes for squash – setting up and delivering a young peoples participation programme in 45 locations across England, “Top Squash”, establishing outreach programmes of activity, resourcing equipment, managing the delivery of outreach activity with follow up at local facilities, training and mentoring of activators. Creating and implementing “Wot No Women” squash programme, recruiting and training 24 female coaches across 3 counties.
- Managing squash facilities and finances from red to black, increasing participation, delivering a programme of club activity and services that moved the facility to a financially sound footing.
- Creating the branding and design of county squash websites. Utilising social media and ensuring the activities are promoted, offering the widest exposure to both squash and non squash playing audiences
- Coaching experience across the team including delivering school activity, roadshows, club nights, beginners sessions, junior clubs, individual coaching, coach education and mentoring.
- Team members have coaching success including coaching a national champion and world top 10 players, coaching national teams, regional and county squads, presenting at WSF and ESF conferences, working both in the UK and overseas.
- Media experience includes negotiating the deal that secured the Canary Wharf Classic at Canary Wharf.
- Securing funds in excess of £300k for squash via Small Grants Funding, Sportivate, Sports Premium, health funding and sponsorship from racket manufacturers and other local sponsors.
- Written successful funding bids, recently £200k for CSAF funding.
- Sport Development experience includes setting up and delivering a Sport England funded tennis project with 1300 throughput across 30 drop in sessions at 5 venues in Cheshire, gaining insight for Sport England for similar projects.
- Establishing and delivering a summer learn to swim programme for 15 pools in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) – setting up and delivering a safe programme for 4000 children across 15 sites throughout KSA, providing the programme, training staff, overseeing the programme delivery, recording data and monitoring activity against KPI’s
- Training and Mentoring – Coach education for both England Squash and Racketball and the Youth Sport Trust (YST), trained and mentored over 500 people to develop their coaching and leadership skills in a range of sporting activity. In squash, delivering leadership and coaching courses and mentoring programmes, with the YST, delivering Top Play/Top Sport training and mentoring.
- Responsible for formatting and implementing a national grading programme (similar to a golfer’s handicap).
- Delivered in excess of 100 National, Regional and County tournaments and events.
- Extensive voluntary experience at international, national, county and local levels.
- Worked with ESR to help implement the introduction of coloured courts into England.